Are you ready for the challenge…
Students have the opportunity to apply and interview for the Honors Program in the second semester of their Freshmen year; accepted students become In-Course Admits (ICA) and enjoy all the opportunities and advantages of students who were admitted into the program as high school seniors. After initially selecting the incoming class of First–Year Honors Scholars, we purposefully reserve 6 to 8 slots for those students who do exceptionally well their first semester at Emory & Henry. Current Freshmen of Emory & Henry College who meet the criteria below are invited to apply and receive the many benefits of the Honors Program.
Criteria for In-Course Admits
- First semester GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Nominated by a faculty member
- Must be enrolled in at least 13 academic credits in the first semester (excluding remedial courses)
- Receive the same amount of scholarship and benefits as your incoming first-year cohort
- Experience New York City in May 2016 paid for by the Honors Program
- Access to priority course registration and prestigious scholarship advising
- Participate in Honors funded conferences and cultural activities
Ready to Apply…
In order to apply for in-course admission, please complete the following:
1.) Submit the application below by 5 p.m. on January 5, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
2.) Send your personal statement (1 to 2 pages) of your academic plans and intellectual goals for your Emory & Henry College career to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on January 5, 2018. We are looking for a short narrative that will tell us about you and the interests and aspirations that you will bring to the Honors Program. As a guide for thinking about your statement, we would encourage you to engage at least some of the following questions:
- What do you plan to study?
- What courses are you most excited about taking and why?
- What do you hope to achieve (in college and in life)?
- Where would you like to study abroad?
- What would be your “dream internship”?
- What do you want to be prepared to do upon graduation? How do you plan to accomplish these goals?
- How would you describe yourself as a student?
3.) Identify 2 faculty references and make sure they know to submit letters of recommendation to email@example.com no later than January 6, 2018. If your reference letters need more time, we can work with them to ensure that the references are included in your final package.
4.) After completing your application, remember to check your Emory & Henry email for time and instructions regarding your panel interview. All panel interviews will take place Monday, January 9, 2018. You must interview to be selected as an Emory & Henry Honors Program Scholar.