We are looking for students who are ready to challenge, engage, and empower themselves and others through leadership, service, and high academic performance.
The Emory & Henry College Honors Program admission process is based on a holistic review of each student’s application. First, you must complete your application to Emory & Henry College. We will review accepted students, and those identified as potential candidates will then be invited to interview for the program on February 11, 2017.
Due to the limited number of spots in the Honors Program, the admissions process is very competitive and selective. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Criteria for First-Year Students
- Unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- 2 Part SAT score of 1260 or higher or an ACT composite score of 28 or higher
- Strong writing samples, evidence of particular talents and outstanding leadership are considered
Criteria for In-Course Admits
- First semester GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Nominated by a faculty member
- Must be enrolled in at least 13 academic credits in the first semester (excluding remedial courses)
Expectations of Honors Students
Honors Scholars are held to the highest standards of academic integrity and moral honesty during their time at Emory & Henry and beyond. All Honors Program Scholars must maintain a 3.5 GPA, an active research agenda, and engagement in community service.
We expect all Honors Program Scholars to strive for academic excellence that is recognized at Emory & Henry as well as in the nation and the world. We provide information on and advising for applications to the most prestigious national and international fellowship and award programs including (but not limited to) the Rhodes Scholarship, Truman Scholarship, Goldwater Scholarship, and Fulbright Fellows Program.